Have you ever heard about the OFF Market in Strasbourg? It’s an event held simultaneously to the traditional Strasbourg Christmas market, inviting visitors to think Christmas differently, by rethinking their consumption patterns. The OFF Market is indeed a social and solidarity Christmas Market!
If you are looking for Strasbourg locals in December, you’ll probably find a lot of them at the OFF Market! Meeting friends after work to grab a glass of mulled wine, going around the stands and taking part in the countless activities, has become a classic. I must admit that you quickly get used to it! The atmosphere is very different from the Christmas market and is more local and alternative. I really like the fact that the two can coexist!
So… what is the OFF market? It’s a mix of all of the following:
- a market located Place Grimmeisen (Petite France), where an alternative Christmas tree take the centre stage
- a large tent under which you can grab a drink and chat with friends
- stands with second-hand clothes, toys, electrical appliances, crêpes and tartes flambées made by an association, objects by local creators, Fair Trade products…
- AV.Lab, a fablab to make your own 3D objects
- a street art route
- tons of activities!
The programme of activities is really impressive. If you are looking for something cool to do in December, have a look at it! You can attend conferences, brunch on Sunday, take part in a ceramic workshop with your children or make your own Christmas gifts during a workshop at the fablab! It would be impossible to list everything, as there are activities every day!
Grab the booklet of the OFF Market (at the Tourist Office or directly at the market) to have the full schedule or check out the calendar on the website for Christmas in Strasbourg (category “Noël autrement”).
- that it encourages reflection and consumption choices with a meaning
- Local and cool atmosphere
- The Fablab, to discover technologies and create objects!
- A very large number of activities
I liked a little less
My pictures of the OFF Christmas Market in Strasbourg
You will find here the opening times and the programme of the OFF Market.