Europa Park is THE amusement park not to be missed if you are in Alsace. It is located in Germany, close to Alsace, and was voted best amusement park in Europe by Tripadvisor. It’s worth crossing the border to spend the day there during your vacation in Alsace, isn’t it?
After hearing about it for a long time, I also went to try this famous amusement park. And we must admit that its reputation is not overrated, Europapark is a very nice place!
The amusement park is a theme park dedicated to Europe. It is built as a reconstruction of Europe, with different zones for each country. We walk between small Swiss chalets, between white and blue Greek houses or on an Italian square. It’s fun and well done!
Europa Park is a leisure park suitable for the whole family. It has attractions adapted to the little ones as well as to the biggest thrill seekers. I tested for example the Silver Star, a 73m high roller coaster with a peak speed of 130km/h, I can tell you that it really blows your mind! There are also several water attractions, which is very nice on hot days (summer can be very hot in Alsace and the region).
Europapark’s attractions include 13 roller coasters, including 2 water coasters, such as the Alpine Express, the Swiss Bobsleigh, the Atlantica SuperSplash and the Eurosat. There are also scenic tours such as “Discovering Atlantis” or “Whale Adventures – Northern Lights”, two interactive tours. Of course, there are also rides, including the lovely Flying Chair Carousel in Vienna. Also noteworthy are the London Bus, a reproduction of a London bus in the form of a pendulum ride, the two drop towers, the automobile circuits, the buoy and log rides, such as the Tyrolean River Ride, etc. There are many ways to discover the park inside, such as the monorail, different playgrounds and arcades, exhibitions and shows, theater, cinemas… In short, it is impossible to do the tour in one day!
How to get to Europa park?
There are several ways to get to Europa Park:
- By plane: the park is accessible from the Black Forest airport in Lahr. The airports of Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Strasbourg and Basel are not far away either. Shuttles to the park can be booked from these airports.
- By car: The park is located on the A5 freeway between Basel and Karlsruhe. Take exit 57b Rust and you will have direct access to the parking lot. Please note that the parking is not free.
- By bus: there are several shuttles to the park from Strasbourg, Sélestat and other cities. More info here.
- By train: There is no train station in Europapark or Rust, so you will have to combine several means of transportation if you choose to travel by train. Located at 4km, the train station of Ringsheim is the closest. Otherwise, the stations of Colmar, Strasbourg and Mulhouse are also possible. Then, you will have to take a shuttle, rent a car or take a cab.
For more details on the different accesses to the park, here is the official website.
- Huge leisure park adapted to the whole family: many attractions and animations for all publics
- High quality attractions (special mention to the Silver Star!)
- Don’t worry about the language, most of the staff speaks French!
I liked less
- Paid parking in addition to the entrance ticket
- The free wifi only gives access to the Europapark website, the application and Facebook
- Few lockers for bags in the attractions (except for some rides), better not to have things too fragile (not very practical for cameras during water rides)
My photos of Europapark
Here you can find all Europa Park prices.
Days and hours of operation
Here you can find the opening days and times of Europa Park.
The address is as follows: Europa-Park-Str. 2, 77977 Rust – Germany. Europa Park is located in:
- 50 km from Colmar (about 1 hour)
- 62 km from Strasbourg (about 1 hour)
- 85 km from Mulhouse (about 1h also because the road is better)
By public transport
It is possible to come to Europapark by public transport from Alsace. Check out the access information on the Europa Park website, which is very well done.
Europa Park is home to many restaurants serving international cuisine. A lot of German cuisine but also Asian, Spanish, Greek, French or Italian. It’s not great food at all, but the prices are quite reasonable for such a place. Picnic spots are also easily found.
Any other questions?
If you still have questions, I found a very good FAQ on Europa Park on the Ooparc website.