Have you ever heard of the Strasbourg OFF Market? It is an event held in parallel with the traditional Strasbourg Christmas Market and invites visitors to think differently about Christmas by rethinking their consumption patterns. The Marché OFF is indeed a social and solidarity Christmas market!
If you are looking for Strasburgers in December, you will certainly find a lot of them at the Marché OFF! To meet with friends after work to taste a glass of mulled wine, to visit the stands and to participate to the (very) numerous proposed animations has become a classic. It must be said that you quickly get a taste for it! The atmosphere is totally different from the Christmas market, more local and alternative. I love the fact that these two moods can coexist!
But then, what is the OFF market? It’s a mixture of all of these:
- a market located on Place Grimmeisen (Petite France), where an alternative tree is displayed
- a big tent under which to have a drink and chat with friends
- stands offering second-hand clothes, toys and second-hand electrical goods, pancakes and tarts made by an association, objects from local designers, fair trade products,…
- AV.Lab, a fablab that allows you to create 3D objects
- a street-art course
- tons of animations!
The program of animations is really impressive. If you’re looking for a fun idea to do in December, check it out! You can attend conferences, go to brunch on Sunday, participate in a ceramics workshop with your children or even make your own Christmas gifts during a workshop at the fablab! Impossible to list everything, there are animations every day!
Get the booklet of the OFF Market (at the Tourist Office or directly on the market) to have all the program or go on the agenda of the site of Christmas in Strasbourg (category “Christmas otherwise”).
- Encourages reflection and meaningful consumer choices
- Very nice local atmosphere
- The Fablab, to discover technologies and create objects!
- Very large number of animations
I liked less
My photos from the Strasbourg Christmas Market OFF
You can find the schedule and program of the Marché OFF here.