The Bed and Breakfast Les Rondins de la Fecht is located in the Valley of Munster, in Mittlach-le-Haut. I discovered it during a winter weekend and I had a really nice stay there. I really recommend it!
Atmosphere at Les Rondins de la Fecht
The bed and breakfast is run by a very friendly couple, Solange and Guy. They built themselves this log house over the course of 5 years. It’s very impressive! The house is located next to the stream La Fecht. You can now understand why it’s called Les Rondins de la Fecht!
It is a very beautiful and unique house. I really liked the room decorations, but the living room decorations were a bit cold. A special mention to the spa baths in some rooms. There is nothing quite like it after a good day of hiking or skiing! Everything was really clean.
Breakfast is served in the dining room, a room with large bay windows to be able to enjoy the scenery. On the breakfast menu, you will find: croissant, baguette, homemade jam, orange juice and tea or coffee. Everything was really good, but I was disappointed not to have any savoury food: it is only possible as an extra.
It is possible to have diner at Les Rondins de la Fecht, but I have not tried it.
The house is very isolated and thus very quiet. It is very practical to go skiing, snowshoeing or hiking. Schnepfenried resort is only a 20 minutes drive away.
- The warm reception from Solange and Guy
- The impressive log house and its beautiful rooms
- The breakfast with a view
- The location, quiet but accessible
- Free WiFi
I liked a little less
- Decent electric beds, but I have seen more comfortable ones.
- Continental breakfast only. Savoury food is extra.
- The poorly decorated living room
- It is not easy to find without a GPS
My pictures of Les Rondins de la Fecht
Rooms start at 70€.
The address is as follows: 6 chemin des truites 68380 Mittlach. The bed and breakfast Les Rondins de la Fecht is located at:
- 31 km from Colmar (about 50 minutes drive)
- 71 km from Mulhouse (about 1h20 drive)
- 104 km from Strasbourg (about 1h40 drive)
By public transport
It is possible to take a train to Metzeral. From there, I suppose you can make arrangements with the hosts!