Les Jardins de Gaïa is an Alsatian company specialised in organic and fairtrade teas. I have already mentioned it, when I recounted a tea ceremony I took part in there. I then went back several times enjoy their tea house, the Maison de Thé Les Jardins de Gaïa.
Their tea room is very pleasant and peaceful. The inside lounge room was a bit disappointing, as it lacks a bit of charm to my taste. On sunny days, it won’t really matter, as you’ll discover the long shady terrace surrounded by zen gardens. You will find on the menu, a huge selection of teas from Jardins de Gaïa – of excellent quality – and a few cold drinks. It might take you a while to choose… you have been warned! The Maison de thé doesn’t serve patisseries (it’s a shame if you come for an afternoon snack!), but they offer a few very good dry biscuits. It’s the perfect place to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle!
Don’t forget to have a look at the shop, selling an incredible selection of teas, as well as pretty accessories on the theme of tea.
- The large and peaceful outside terrace
- A huge selection of excellent teas
- The shop Jardins de Gaïa, with an incredible number of teas
I liked a little less
- The inside lounge room lacks a bit of charm
- No pâtisseries available, but only small dry biscuits
- I would have liked to have a bigger teapot!
My pictures of the Maison de thé Les Jardins de Gaïa
You will find here the opening times for the Maison de thé Les Jardins de Gaïa.
The address is as follows: 6 Rue de l’Écluse, 67820 Wittisheim. It is located about:
- 40 km from Colmar (about 45 minutes drive)
- 47 km from Strasbourg (about 50 minutes drive)
- 81 km from Mulhouse (about 1h drive)
By public transport
It’s not necessarily easy, but you can have a look on Vialsace.