What if you would come and stay at home? I am renting two rooms for rent at home, in Quatzenheim (small traditional Alsatian village located 15 minutes away from Strasbourg).
The House Les Volets Bleus
Our house dates back from 1800. This a traditional half-timbered Alsatian house, with the distinctive feature of having… blue shutters. It’s actually not very common in Alsace! The name was then quickly chosen. It is located in the heart of the village of Quatzenheim.
Rooms for rent
We can host between 1 to 4 persons in our house. We rent the whole 2nd floor, located in a fully renovated attic made up of:
- 1 room with a double bed (140×200)
- 1 room with two single beds (80×200) that can be grouped upon request
- 1 bathroom to share (the two rooms are only rented to people coming together. If you are two people, the second room won’t be rented and you won’t have to share the bathroom with anyone.)
- 1 living room area with TV, DVD player, desk, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, DVDs, guides about Alsace and board games
- Wifi is available on the whole floor. Cotton sateen linens, bath towels, soap and shampoo are also provided.
In addition, you can use our kitchen to prepare your meals if you want to. Our big garden and the patio are also accessible.
I don’t prepare breakfast, but I will put at your disposal, in the fridge and kitchen cupboards, provisions to make a good breakfast: fresh bread, cereals, milk, crispbreads, yogurts, butter, jams, apple juice, cofee, tea, chocolate… Most of the products are organic and coming from local producers from the surrounding farms. You’ll only have to help yourselves! 🙂
The village of Quatzenheim
Quatzenheim is a small typical Alsatian village (700 inhabitants), with pretty half-timbered houses and very beautiful Alsatian farms. It is located in the Kochersberg, a region nicknamed “Alsace wheat-basket”, because of its countless agricultural lands. The story also says that Louis XIV would have exclaimed “What a beautiful garden!”, when admiring the rolling countryside of the Kochersberg.
From the village, it’s about 20 minutes to the city centre of Strasbourg by car and 10 minutes to the start of the Alsace Wine Route in Marlenheim.
Quatzenheim has a bakery, and a supermarket is located in one of the neighbouring villages, a 5-minutes drive away.
Stays should be of a minimum of 2 nights. Self-service breakfast, linens and towels are included. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate pets. The house is non-smoking.
Here are our prices for 2018 (outside Christmas Market season):
- Per night: 60€ for one room (1 or 2 persons), 95€ for two rooms (3 or 4 persons).
- Rate per week: 300€ for one room (1 or 2 persons) and 350€ for two rooms (3 or 4 persons).
The last weekend of November and during December, prices are 80€ per night (1 or 2 persons) and 120€ per night (3 or 4 persons).
If you are interested to stay in our Alsatian house Les Volets Bleus, don’t hesitate to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org ! 🙂