The Three Countries Bridge is a unique bridge located in Huningue, in the South of Alsace. It crosses the Rhine and links France to Germany.
Why these three countries then? Because from the bridge, you can see on one side Germany, on the other France and in front… Switzerland! It is also very easy to go to Switzerland once you are on the German side.
The view over the Rhine is quite industrial, but it is still a very nice place. The architecture of the bridge is quite interesting and it’s very cool to be able to go grab a bite or have a drink in Germany in less than 5 minutes walk if you feel like it! For shopping lovers, the Weil-am-Rhein Center should appeal to you.
- It is funny to be able to see 3 countries!
- Being able to easily cross the border
- The bridge’s architecture
I liked a little less
- The place remains quite industrial
My pictures of the Three Countries Bridge
The Three Countries Bridge is located at the end of Rue de France in Huningue. It is:
- 36 km from Mulhouse (about 40 minutes drive)
- 63 km from Colmar (about 50 minutes drive)
- 137 km from Strasbourg (about 1h30 drive)
By public tansport
It is not very practical to get to Huningue by public transport. You will need to stop in Saint-Louis, and then walk. To build your itinerary, please go on Vialsace.